25th April 2020
Welcome to the Volcano Triathlon, a classic event since 1985 enhanced by the presence of many World Champions. Be a part of this challenging triathlon and rub shoulders with the best European Triathletes.
1,5km Swim Course (Cut off: 1 hr after race start)
A clearly marked course in the calm, saltwater lagoon at Club La Santa. The water temperature is approx. 21º C and wetsuits are permitted.
40km Bike Course (Cut off: 3hr 30m after race start)
Two loops course. Participants ride towards Caleta de Caballo, Soo and Caleta de Famara. No Drafting.
10km Run Course (Cut off: 4hr 30m after race start)
A 2 loop course starting and finishing at the Stadium. Leaving the Stadium participants must turn to the right and continue along the road until the turning point, running back the same way. They repeat the same course one more time to complete the 10km.
Registration is open here:
Individual athlete’s Registration
Price until April 8th, 2020:
Individual competitor’s fee: 60 Euros
Price from April 09th – 21st of April 2020 – registration closes on the 22nd of April, 10:00 am GMT:
Individual competitor’s fee: 70 Euros
Payment of the entry fee is by MasterCard or Visa only. It is not possible to defer the slot to another year or another athlete.
Withdrawal & refund policy
Withdrawals should be notified in written to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund of entry fee:
75% before 26.10.2019
50% between 26.10.2019 and 26.12.2020
25% between 27.12.2019 and 26.02.2020
0% after 27.02.2020
Timing and Medical Care
The MyLaps ChampionChip is the official timing system for all participants. Full medical care will be available during the event.
PROVISIONAL PROGRAMME – Subject to change
Schedule of Events
Club La Santa
Friday, April 24th
15.00-19.00 Race pack collection, the Square
18.30-21.30 Pasta Party, Restaurant Atlántico
19.00 Pre-Race meeting, the Square
Saturday, April 25th – Race day
8.00- 09.30 Check-in: bike, cycle and running gear, Stadium
10.00 Race start for individual male participants
10.05 Race start for individual female participants & Relay Teams
10.08 Race start for Paratriathlete participants
12.30-15.30 Masseurs service for athletes, Stadium
20.30 Award ceremony, Volcano Video, the Square followed by Music and Dance, CLS ARENA (Disco)
Categories and Awards
Age Groups for the individuals triathlon
20-24-, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+
Min. age: 20 years old
Awards for the individuals triathlon
Finisher T-shirt and medal to all finishers
Prize money* is awarded in Euros to the overall top 10 finishers, male/female:
1. € 1000 6. €100
2. € 600 7. €75
3. € 400 8. €75
4. € 300 9. €75
5. € 200 10. €75
*Local tax and bank commissions will be deducted from the prize money
RULES AND INFORMATION
- The ITU (International Triathlon Union) Competition Rules must be followed
- Race pack collection: all athletes have to collect their number personally and present their identification with photo (ID or passport)
- The torso of the athlete has to be covered.
- You must wear a clearly visible start number on the front and back of your racing kit and on the left and front side of your helmet
- Normal traffic rules must be obeyed (traffic is open)
- Drafting is not allowed
- The use of the wetsuit is recommended
- It is obligatory for the athlete to stop in the penalty box (inside the transition zone) when shown a blue card
- Insurance on Race day: it is the athletes’ responsibility to make sure that they are covered by their Triathlon Federation Insurance on Race Day (Triathlon Federation/National, Governing Body of their Nation) – If an athlete has no insurance on race day, the athlete must purchase a 1 Day Race License at the race pack collection (fee pending to be confirmed).